Saturday, January 10, 2009

Beneath the Sea



The past month has been filled to the brim with movement and difficult choices. I am in Colorado, a best man for my friend and hero Jono, who will be wed this afternoon. The days in the Rockies are clear and bright. I spent yesterday snowboarding on the mountain and reuniting my wrists with the ground and my legs with pain. It was phenominal.

Prior to this I spent an eventful week at my family cabin on Lake Superior. New Year's Eve was wild and reflective and I, along with a few brave friends, jumped into the frigid water at the stroke of midnight while Nathan and April shot off fireworks and toasted things to come.

Inside the cabin kitchen

After a week here, I plan to head back to the Twin Cities, spend some time with my family and friends and then head north to Lake Superior again, with my painting supplies in tow.

Cabin deck

Temperance River

Temperance River New Year's Day snowshoe

View from the cabin porch


Inside the cabin

April and I at Baraga's Cross



April, Hasty and Ruby on the beach

1 comment:

Hello Lindello said...

I want that green eames chair...can i have it?

(please?)