Monday, October 27, 2008

On the MOVE in Brasil

The last week has been a week on the move. From Iguazu Falls to Sao Paulo to Cambára to Rio de Janeiro. And now, I am moments away from catching a bus to Ilha Grande where I hope to spend the next two or three weeks, enjoying an island that doesn´t have cars, but is abundant with beaches and jungle walks. Here are a few photos of my time in Sao Paulo, with my dear Brazilian sister, Andrea.
Carla, Andrea and I eating dessert after churrascaria

Andrea and I

After Sao Paulo we hit the road to Cambára, in the Brazilian state Paraná. Cambára is a lovely little town, decorated by sugar cane fields and quaint shops. More importantly it is the home of the Hondas. The family of my Andrea and my gracious hosts this past week. They took me in, fed me, clothed me and filled my head with compliments and beer. It was great to get to know the country side, off the beaten path. And best of all, it was great to get to know Andrea´s family.

A street in Canbára



Stores in Canbára
Now I am in Rio de Janeiro, having just said goodbye to Andrea who spent the weekend here with her boyfriend Jean. A mad city tour brought us around to the main sights and sounds of Rio. But the last two days have been idle on the beach. Copacabana, Ipanima. The beaches here are like nothing I have ever seen. Flooded with thousands and thousands of people. Vendors selling caiprinhas and sarongs. Massages and fried pineapple.

Me in front of Christo Redentor


Jean and Carla at the beach

Ipanema on Tuesday afternoon




Copacabana in the evening

Jean and I after battling the waves

Everyone is at the beach


View from Sugarloaf

No comments: