Friday, November 14, 2008

Life is a Whirlwind of Change

Sao Paulo, the frantic mingle near the mercado municipal

Goodbye to Ilha Grande, my avalon! I am back in Sao Paulo, living the life of a city-man, through market throngs, eating sushi and buttoning my pockets. Tomorrow, or rather in 4 hours, I leave for Peru. First, to Huaraz to do some treking and then on to Cusco and Machu Picchu.

Hilarious Monkey, Ilha Grande

Goodbye, island life

Lovely wooden boat at Saco do Céu

It has been good to wear my flip-flops, and enjoy the sun and caipirinhas these last few weeks, but now it's back to the dusty trail. With all of the people, worries, history, and happenstance that make travel seem so profound (usually on hindsight).


Andrea, my Sao Paulo host and friend, and I tonight after dinner

No comments: